background

Monday, August 31, 2009

Are you truly happy?


Today I sat down to reflect and I started to think about my life. Now don't get me wrong I have issues. Tons of them, like to be my friend you have to earn it. That sounds so bad I know. But I mean it takes a lot for me to trust people. I know it all stems from my childhood. It wasn't the best. Now don't start feeling bad for me because I don't. All the things I had to go through as a kid made me who I am today. A strong, loving, fun, happy person who would do anything for my family or friends. I know this is also why I get a little crazy, ok a lot crazy when it comes to my kids and their happiness. If nothing else I do in life its to make my children's life's meaningful, happy and to make sure they know without a doubt that I love them. Then I have done my job as a mother. I think my kids are kids and they do make mistakes but that's how they grow as people. Learning from their own mistakes. I seem to be a people watcher. I find myself looking at people and wondering if they are happy? Maybe that's weird? You tell me. . I love Justin more everyday. When I see him, he makes me smile after 17 years. It's a very rare day we don't laugh with each other and our kids. I love how he just holds my hand, opens the car door for me at church and brings me sunflowers from the side of the road. Just because he thought I would love them. Everyday I am thankful for my life. Which is not perfect but its mine and mine alone. I wish everyone could bring a little happiness into their lives and smile a little bit more. You can be truly happy. You just have to want to be.

1 comment:

pirate ride said...

Wow! Ok you got me crying! You are an AMAZING Mom and there is no doubt that you are doing a fabulous job at letting them know that you love them. It shines from there faces! I love the line "Everyday I'm thankful for my life, which is not perfect but its mine and mine alone". So true we get to make our own choices in life and make it what we wont. I to love to smile and be happy and I hope to be a loving, good, happy, person! Cause life is just to short for anything else! I love you and I am so proud to call you my Sister! Xoxoxo